Top Tips for Being the Cleanest Dog Parent Ever
Once upon a time, I thought that I was a pretty clean person.
I regularly wipe down my counters and floors. I typically organize my things at the end of each day. Then, I got a dog & everything changed.
Dirt always seems to track into the house.
Hair is typically flying around…I swear I vacuum.
Dog toys are constantly out, no matter how many times I put them in the toy basket.
If you can relate, don’t worry because you’re not alone. Here are our best tips to staying clean as a dog owner.
- Wipe down your floors regularly to remove hair, dirt, & dust. Do it immediately, if you can, because it will be easier to clean if you catch it sooner than later.
- Use a clean towel every time you clean up after your pup or clean up any messes on the floor or furniture.
- Rinse your dog’s food and water dishes daily to clean away germ build up. I typically throw the bowls in the dishwasher at the end of each day to start fresh the next day.
- Clean out their toys, bedding, crates, kennels, etc. regularly to clean away messes
- Give your dog regular baths – we recommend 1x -2x per month min
- Clean out your dog’s ears with clean cotton balls & clean the fur around their eyes daily to remove any dirt, dust, or other particles that they may have picked up throughout the day
- Wash their bedding weekly or more often if they have accidents
- Use a lint roller to clean up pet hair on furniture, pillows, clothing
- Clean the floors on a regular basis. If you clean out your dog’s toys and clean under their bedding regularly, it shouldn’t be too bad of a job
- Keep your own room clean to help reduce the amount of cleaning that you do in the common areas of the house.
- Throw out toys that your dog doesn’t play with anymore so they don’t collect too much dirt or hair that gets stuck on them
- Give your pup clean water daily to prevent their water dish from becoming slimy and dirty
- Clean out your dog’s ears with clean cotton balls & clean the fur around their eyes daily to remove any dirt, dust, or other particles that they may have picked up throughout the day.
Cleaning up after your pup can be tough, but it doesn’t have to be.
If you’re looking for clean dog parent tips on how to clean like a pro and keep the house clean while also keeping your pup happy, this article is for you!
We hope these top tips will help make cleaning easier so that both you and your furry friend are living in cleanliness bliss together.